Mid-weight Shopify Developer APPLY NOW
TDMC are an experienced team of digital marketing and Shopify experts based in South Africa and the United Kingdom. As one of 4 accredited Shopify experts in South Africa, we work with clients to deliver a holistic ecommerce and digital marketing solution.
As a global business, with a dynamic outlook to continue leading the way within our industry through innovation, technology, infrastructure, and forward-thinking initiative we are looking for a mid-weight Developer to join our Durban based team.
About the Role
A mid-weight Shopify Developer will join our Tech division as an integral part to our digital roadmap. This role will prominently be office based but you may need to occasionally travel to various offices and facilities in South Africa. You will be responsible for updating and maintaining localised, global eCommerce sites and the development of Shopify applications, while working closely with internal and external sales, marketing and other business managers, to grow our digital footprint, including the sales and profitability of client websites.
This position will report to the Director of Development and Head of Dev Operations.
What You'll Be Doing
- Collaborating with other designers and developers.
- Develop components for Shopify by modifying / creating Shopify apps and interfaces as needed.
- Troubleshooting issues or queries.
- Work closely with senior managers to develop new ideas, functionality and improvements.
- Assist with new websites and service launches.
- HTML5 & CSS3
- Ruby on Rails
- GraphQL (or REST for API integration)
- Liquid Template Language
· Established Shopify development experience, including building features from scratch as well as modifications to existing elements.
· 5+ years’ responsive web development experience.
- Excellent time management, problem-solving, teamwork, and communication skills
- Write clean, readable code
Desirable Skills (but not essential)
- React / Polaris
- Mongo DB
- Experience using Channel Advisor
- Experience in agile type development practices is a plus.